Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Introductions

Hi everyone, I'm Christopher. Let's get into a little bit about who I am, what I do, and what I want to do.

First off, I'm a published writer. My shorts have appeared in A Thousand Faces quarterly journal, which publishes superhuman fiction. I don't try to write any genre in particular, but lately I've been focusing my work more and more on superheroes and comic books in general. I've got a couple of projects in the works, but you know, daily "reality" has to come first. Reality like kids and work and trying to go to sleep at night. I do artwork here and there, but nothing sequential. My god, how anyone can make a living off of sequential art, man, props to those guys. Those are the hardest working men in comics, let me tell you. Writing, well, it's easy to me, so I guess I can't really make generalizations, but I'd rather do the writing than the drawing, lemme tell ya. I make coffee for a living and write for a hobby at the moment, but I'd like to change that. Who wouldn't?

(well, I dunno. Working in coffee means huge discounts on coffee; be envious)

What I want to do with this blog is a bunch of things. I like to offer my opinion (a LOT) so I want to use this as a review blog about comic books. I don't buy everything, so if you want me to review Scott Pilgrim or something independent like that, well, if it doesn't catch my interest enough to warrant spending money, I ain't buying it. I'm mostly purchasing DC Comics stuff, so that's what you'll be seeing here. What I also want to do here is highlight my work and the works of others, so if I find something interesting I'll provide links. Lots of links. I'll also show off a little bit here and there. I like to do that more than I like to give my opinion. :)

First and foremost, I'm all about getting my name out there. Second, I'm all about giving you a piece of my mind, dammit. And thirdly, I'm all about entertaining. So expect that, expect fun, expect the unexpected.

Let's get it on!

No comments: